Skip to main content

Growing Up With Dogs

Growing Up With Dogs

I love dogs. I think they are cute, regardless of their age, size, or breed. Every day, I spend about an hour watching videos of dog accounts I subscribe to on various social media platforms. I like that I feel better after seeing their fluffiness, derpy faces, and naughty antics.

Since I was a kid, we've had dogs in the house. If I remember correctly, we had 7 dogs all at the same time at one point. That's how much of a dog lover we were (and still are).

I think I was around 11 or 12 when we got our first dog. It was a cute, little brown aspin (“asong pinoy” or Filipino dog) puppy that we named Chief. I remember how playful and bitey he was, and how my siblings and I would run away from him and jump up our couch to escape his sharp baby teeth. Those were fun times.

When Chief was 2, we adopted another dog. It was a cute, white aspin puppy that we named Puppy. Yup, we called him Puppy. Unlike Chief, he was much calmer and gentler. I don't remember him chasing us around like a landshark. Instead, he chased tennis balls.

Our next dogs were Mike, Yoh, Mito, Miaka, Mako, Manta, Zsazsa, Ren, and Messi. They were all aspins too. I don't remember much about them because I moved to another city to study and work when my family adopted them. I got to meet them and spend time with them only when I would visit home once or twice a year for a week or two. Even though that was the case, they were always happy to see me and I felt like they knew that I was family too.

When I decided to move back home, we had Light. When we adopted her, she looked so  black, tiny, and scrawny. She was only a few weeks old when an acquaintance offered her to us. At first, she was quite timid. However, it didn't take long for her to cause chaos. One morning, we woke up to a pair of slippers completely destroyed.

Then we got Sano. He was a white, short-legged pup. I think he had some Spitz in him. He was the fluffiest fluffball we've ever had. He cried during his first few nights at home and stopped and fell asleep right away when carried. He grew up to be a very sweet dog that slept all day and only woke up to eat.

Two years ago, we got a black labrador puppy. We named it Gon. Out of all of our pups, he was the most hyper and difficult. His landshark stage was much much worse than Chief's. Before he turned 1, he always wanted to play and was constantly hungry. Now that he is almost 3, he has calmed down a little bit. However, he's still a food monster. As I am writing this, he is sound asleep. It has been two years, and I can say that all the stress and exhaustion were worth it. I can hear him snore. His feet are moving, probably dreaming about playing with the neighbor's cat. Gon has grown to be the goodest boi.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 3 Security Gadgets to Make Your Home Safe for the Entire Family

3 Effective Home Security Tech Gadgets That can Make you Feel Safe at Home Burglary is one of the most common crimes in various places around the world, and it can be prevented with the help of a number of tech gadgets designed to improve home security.  With these pieces of equipment, you no longer have to worry so much about the safety of your family and your possessions, whether you are at home or away for a vacation. Security camera Installing security cameras in and around your home can scare off burglars and leave your belongings safe and intact. According to a study conducted by Rutgers in 2009 , the number of residential break-ins in their test area decreased as the number of security systems installed in homes increased. In addition to that, even the houses in the area that did not have any security system installed were kept protected and safe. Sensors and alarms There are door and window alarms that you can install on all the doors and windows in your home so t

Lis Pendens

Lis Pendens is a Latin term that means "suit pending." It is used to refer to a property that is facing a lawsuit due to some kind of a legal matter, usually one that has got to do with the foreclosure process. Getting that Lis Pendens status creates several different scenarios not only for the owner of the property, but for the potential buyers as well. To the uninformed, this type of property would seem like a bad apple. It would tend to drive them away and look for other real estate to spend their money and efforts on. Being in this state could trigger uncertainty and hesitation from them as they would think this notice could cause various types of obstacles when applying for a mortgage loan, and such. Other buyers would also tend to believe that a property being this close to the end of the foreclosure process is not a very smart investment to have. Even though in general, it costs significantly less than other foreclosures, the thought of the possibility of an exte